More on my artistic side.

I would like to share some of my paintings and drawings.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

One last fix.......


My wife and I returned to the depot one last time to install a couple of strips of oak trim. The wall was not square and the top and bottom showed that, so we put on a trim to cover the gaps.  The older gentleman is Russ who commissioned the work of my wife and me with the towns money.  I later returned and washed windows in a large part of the building trying to bring it up to spec for Saturday's viewing and the town celebration. We had been away from it for about a week and we were pleased with our results when we saw it again.

1 comment:

CHummelKornell said...

Larry, You have depicted rural Iowa perfectly. I'm homesick! Stopped by to thank you for visiting and deciding to follow my blog. I have so enjoyed taking part (albeit sporadically) in your Sepia Saturdays. You and your wife are to be congratulated on your accomplishment. So many visitors will enjoy your painting over many years. As a born and raised Iowan who loves the history of our land I wish to "Thank" you.
C Hummel Kornell (Coni)