More on my artistic side.

I would like to share some of my paintings and drawings.

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Female Duck....


 I painted this many years ago.  It is the male wood duck.  I painted it from looking at a smaller reference photo from a magazine.  Today I found a photo of the female of this kind which I have never seen before now.  If I have seen the female at a natural wildlife installation at out state fair I guess I didn't know the female.

I am borrowing this from the  net and I don't see who took the photo.  If I knew I would be glad to credit them for it. The female has a nice set of blue feathers on its side wings. I guess I was never curious about the female as I am so amazed at seeing the coloring of the male's feathers.

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

This is amazing!

Rose said...

This is fabulous!

Larry said...

The male Wood Ducks. The first time I saw one I was blown away that something like that existed in my area and i never knew about it.