More on my artistic side.

I would like to share some of my paintings and drawings.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Cascade Falls, Minnesota.........


I removed this old watercolor from it's frame today and thought I would share it with you.  It was painted while sitting on the Lake Superior shore near Cascade Falls.  It was 1989 and I was just a baby at painting in plein air with watercolor.  I know that I took this back at a later date and worked on it in the studio.  I love some of the parts but I was so tight and overworked everthing to make it more like an illustration.  I don't paint watercolors like this anymore but I thought it would be fun to share it anyway.



I labored over these seagulls as I really like to have the wildlife included in a painting.  My grasses and weeds seem pretty spontaneous and the sand textures are good.  The rocks are certainly solid rock in the shapes that I created.

1 comment:

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Hello Larry, You are very good!!
I know what its like to paint and get lost in the moment. Hours later you suddenly become aware of the time LOL...at least, that was me..
The smell of oils, the canvas waiting for a creation, colours, and what you see opens a different world. Artists are dreamers and yet, they see much of what others miss, especially in nature.. Its so good. Keep expressing the world as you do, it gives pleasure to all. CML