More on my artistic side.

I would like to share some of my paintings and drawings.

Friday, February 5, 2010

A Painting Is Started....


I have become motivated to get some paintings started. This blog is for the sake of selling my artwork but also for you to see things in progress.  Artist are human and even though we possess skills that will make it easier for some than others to paint, we still have to flounder around in the water, to complete a painting.


I started this painting out as a silo being the center of interest with a nice sky to make it stand out. I added buildings, imaginary, and then fence post are coming up out of the ground. There was a balance problem that I created, because I was lazy and didn't sketch it out first.  Another building had to be added on the right side and I am getting closer to the end.  I want to add a lot of simple details, the thing that takes it away from abstract to a little closer to impressionism.  It won't be that, but I am not a super realist. 


I must solve the problem of making grass that looks natural and not a color from out of the tube. I studied some pictures today on tv and in a book and grass can almost be orange on a sunny day.  I will work on my color values and how they relate to each other and the finished work will be done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the silo. Near my hometown is a community called Crabapple that has 3 silos side by side. Growing up they sat all by themselves in a big field. These days, they are surrounded by homes/shops, but remain a landmark for giving directions for the old timers! Your paintings are wonderful and it's fun to follow along as you create.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! I love your paintings. You are very talented. I wish I could draw and oil paint. I will become a follower of your blog. Thanks for sharing your talent L.D. :) The Bach

Anonymous said...

L.D.,
I invite you to share your talents in Mr. Toast Creative Tuesday. Visit my blog and on the sidebar on the right click on Mr. Toast Creative Tuesday. Its the ivitation in red. Come and join the fun of sharing, just for fun! :)
The Bach

Anonymous said...

I accidently added my wife (LadyCat) as a follower of yours.... oops! Hope she doesn't mind. I guess I'll find out.. :) The Bach

L. D. said...

I am sorry to you two that I didn't have my settings up to be notified that you commented. Thanks for your kindness and I will be notified from here on. I am looking forward to sharing my art endeavors, of course, I would like to sell things, but more important to me is to have an art gallery for others to see what I have been doing for years. It will make me a better artist when I know someone is watching.