More on my artistic side.

I would like to share some of my paintings and drawings.

Saturday, March 24, 2018

More Art from my Past.....


There are so m any areas along the shoreline of Lake Superior that look just like this. This is a watercolor that I started on location and then finished it in the studio. In the studio, I am able to rewet areas and blot off any excess paint areas.  Blotting it helps to add values that show light better. I see by the painting’s signature that I painted this in 1989 or our very first trip around the lake and also Lake Michigan.


Along Superior there is a state park called Gooseberry Falls.  The falls are wonderful but if you head further down the road in the park you get to see wonderful rock cliffs.  My wife and I sat along here many different years to paint pictures.  This one painting was done in oil pastel.  The seagulls were difficult for me and I think I ended up painting them on there with acrylic paint. I wasn’t so good at capturing the seagull.  I can see that this was created in 1993.



Shovel Point also is along the north shore road next to Lake Superior.  The area in which we painted was a difficult location for us to navigate. We could sit down there to work but we had to step from one large rock to another.  This was painted in oil pastel also like the one painting above.  The projection of rock is a beautiful one and is so much larger that what I depicted.  As a person, you can follow a trail out to that larger point.  The trees are proportions to the size of the rock formation. Today I am probably too old to be able to get down to the location in which to paint at the spot again. I didn’t sign it as oil pastel is hard to use when writing the name.

3 comments:

Timelesslady said...

I paint watercolors, and enjoy looking at those created by others...very pretty.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Rose said...

Oh, I so love that last...and the first...I wish I had some of those rocks!